How Can a Magazine Cost $12.95 and Not Have Pictures of Naked People in It?
An Introduction to Bridal Magazines
: Why Didn’t I Become a Florist? The Surprising Cost of Your Wedding Vendors
Do All These Drunk People Really Need to Be on a Sugar High, Too? The Wedding Cake
Why Are You and Your Mom Acting Like Rival Street Gangs? The Complicated Relationship You Have with Your Parents During the Wedding Planning
: Should My Finger Be Turning Blue? Selecting Your Wedding Rings
Take the Groom Quiz
Test Your Groom IQ
Think you're prepared to be a groom? Take this quiz and find out!
1. Who is most likely to have a major breakdown during the planning of your wedding?
a) The Groom
b) The Bride
c) The Bride's Mom
d) The Florist
2. Your parents want to invite someone to the wedding that you have never heard of. What's the appropriate response?
a) “Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.”
b) “Maybe for a present this friend can give us the gift of their absence.”
c) “Wouldn't it be more special for them if they weren't invited?”
3. All bridal magazines contain which of the following:
a) 300 pages of advertising
b) 300 pages of secret wedding tips
c) 300 pages of “what to wear” guides
d) An interesting essay by sportscasters Joe Buck and Bob Costas on the pros and cons of the designated hitter rule in baseball
4. Your best man is guaranteed to do which of the following at your wedding:
a) Give a toast that mentions your ex-girlfriend
b) Get hammered
c) After getting hammered, forget that he has already given his toast that mentions your ex-girlfriend, and decide he should give it again.
d) Ask if he can hook up with ex-girlfriend
5. What's the hardest decision you and your bride will have to make during the wedding planning?
a) Where should the wedding be held?
b) Who should we invite?
c) What should the groom wear?
d) Should you have plates for people to eat off of or just have a big trough of food and serve dinner “farm style”?
Which of the following is an appropriate first dance song?
a) Anything by Frank Sinatra
b) “Let's Get It On” by Marvin Gaye
c) “Heartache Tonight” by the Eagles
d) An original composition by you
7. If you don't want a traditional wedding cake, which of the following is a good alternative?
d) Frozen Yogurt
8. Which of the following pieces of information does NOT need to be on your wedding invitation?
a) The price of the bride's dress
b) Where the bride and groom are going on their honeymoon
c) A list of passed hors d'oeuvres that will be served during the cocktail hour
d) The time the wedding starts
9. Which of the following questions will you likely get from at least one out-of-town guest?
a) “Can you make me an airline and hotel reservation?”
b) “Do you know if the hotel has foam pillows? I'm allergic to down.”
c) “Can I just stay at your place?”
d) “Is there a brunch Sunday morning?”
10. When selecting the groom's wedding ring, what's the most important criteria?
d) Your Bride's Approval
COPYRIGHT © 2015 PETER SCOTT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.